RE: How to kill morale

Subject: RE: How to kill morale
From: "Hart, Rowena" <Hart -at- SelkirkFinancial -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 09:30:17 -0800

Jody et al,

Not sure about the U.S., but up here in
Canada the gov't maintains a "big book
of jobs". Each job is described in terms
of duties, skills needed to enter, work
environment, expected salary, etc. One of
the interesting stats associated with each
job is the industry growth potential.

While I was unemployed last year I had the
opportunity to participate in a government
job assessment program. We used the "big
book" to assess our previous jobs and look
at jobs in other areas. Based on the stats
gathered in 2000, the growth potential for
tech writing was exceptionally high.

It would be interesting to find out if that
statistical growth potential is lowered in
the 2001/2002 "big book".

Cheers,

Rowena