Re: Globally renaming condition tags in FrameMaker?
>Does anyone know if it is possible to
>globally rename a condition tag in Frame?
>I'm using FrameMaker 6.0 on Windows 2000.
Unlike tables, para tags, char tags, and a whole lot of other objects in
FrameMaker, you cannot easily rename condition tags (Adobe, are you paying
Isn't it possible to click "Edit Tag" (or something) in the Conditional Text dialog box to make changes to the tag, including its name? (I don't have Frame installed on this machine so I'm going by memory here). If so, here's what you can try:
1. First, make sure all files in your book have the same conditional text settings/tags.
2. Change the conditional text tag name in one file (let's call it "File1.fm") and save the file. (Keep the file open.)
3. Open the book and highlight all files except the one you modified in step 2.
4. Click File > Import > Formats (I think).
5. Select File1.fm as the file from which to import formats.
5. In the Import Formats dialog box, clear all selections except "Conditional Text Settings."
6. Click Import (or OK?). This copies the Conditional Text Settings of your modified file to the rest of the files in the book.
7. Shift+click File > Save All.
This *should* work, but again, I'm going from memory here and I may have forgotten things. (I shouldn't really send this out without checking it against an actual installation of FrameMaker, but I don't have that option at the moment. :-) Hope it helps, anyway.
Collect Royalties, Not Rejection Letters! Tell us your rejection story when you submit your manuscript to iUniverse Nov. 6 -Dec. 15 and get five free copies of your book. What are you waiting for? http://www.iuniverse.com/media/techwr
Have you looked at the new content on TECHWR-L lately?
See http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/ and check it out.
You are currently subscribed to techwr-l as: archive -at- raycomm -dot- com
To unsubscribe send a blank email to leave-techwr-l-obscured -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Send administrative questions to ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com -dot- Visit http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/ for more resources and info.
Re: Globally renaming condition tags in FrameMaker?: From: hedley_finger
Previous by Author:
You da monster
Next by Author: Re: Globally renaming condition tags in FrameMaker?
Previous by Thread: Re: Globally renaming condition tags in FrameMaker?
Next by Thread: Re: Globally renaming condition tags in FrameMaker?
Search our Technical Writing Archives & Magazine