Re: No new browser windows... ever??

Subject: Re: No new browser windows... ever??
From: Jean Hollis Weber <jean -at- jeanweber -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 19:35:41 -0800

My rule is: if the link takes the reader anywhere else on the same site (or within the same help system), it opens in the same browser window. If the link takes the reader to a different site, I prefer to have it open in a new browser window. That's what I do on my own websites, but I confess to inconsistency because I forget to code all of the "other site" links to open in a new window.

Regards, Jean
Jean Hollis Weber
mailto:jean -at- jeanweber -dot- com
The Technical Editors' Eyrie http://www.jeanweber.com/
Avalook at Australia Travel site http://www.avalook.com.au/

Cook, Jenise wrote:

The "Related Topics" button at the bottom of our topic pages works in one of
two ways, per RoboHelp:

1. If only one related topic is listed, user selects it and the new topic
opens within the current browser window.
2. If several related topics are listed, user selects one, and the new topic
opens in a new browser window.

We did this on purpose...

Well, our eBusiness/Web development team has
... told us to conform to the corporate standards.
This means all Related Topics must open within the current browser window