Re: Need help with a pompous engineer

Subject: Re: Need help with a pompous engineer
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 12:24:59 -0800 (PST)

What's the matter with having him loose alittle face, yet do it with
humor.

Send him an email, CC everyone else in the meeting....and his boss if
hew wasn't in the meeting.

Say something to the effect:

"I researched the word as you suggested, I come up with 4 of a kind."
(or whatever poker hand equates to the number of resources.) Unless
you can beat my hand, I'm going with my version."

--- Wade Courtney <wade -dot- courtney -at- nocpulse -dot- com> wrote:
> In our engineering meeting this morning the subject of using a word
> came up.
> The word is re-notification, people are suggesting that we use
> renotification instead. I asked what set of rules they were using
> to make
> this decision and one of the engineers quipped of "Why don't you go
> look in the dictionary."
>
> Before I go went and did something stupid, like prove him wrong, I
> looked in
> several online dictionaries, renotification was nowhere to be seen.
>
> What is the best way to approach this without any loss of face on
> either side?

=====
John Posada, Senior Technical Writer
Current gig ending 4/15