Re: FrontPage help

Subject: Re: FrontPage help
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 13:34:16 -0800 (PST)

> I'm looking for someone who'd be willing to help me figure out a
> few things w/
> FrontPage 98 -- I'm a relative newcomer to this particular
> application, and
> have gotten fairly well into my current project, but I'm stuck on a
> couple of pretty crucial items.

Before you do too much work with 98, the lastest version, 2002,
produces MUCH cleaner code. The problem with previous versions, is
that to varying degree (depending on the version), FP adds a great
deal of surplus HTML code that could, under certain conditions, make
other applications barf or at least not behave as expected.

By upgrading to 2002, you get pretty much standard HTML code, the
files are smaller, the load time is quicker, etc.

Very much justifies the upgrade cost.

=====
John Posada, Senior Technical Writer
Current gig ending 4/15