Re: Portfolio Question

Subject: Re: Portfolio Question
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 10:31:28 -0800 (PST)

Cass...Go to the archives for this list fromn the list's home page
(http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/) and enter the term "leave
portfolio".

When I did. I got 669 hits. You will get similar volume of hits for
each of your questions. Then, after you've exhausted the resource,
we'd be happy to address questions you may come up with.

I can't tell you how many times your question has been addressed on
the list...OK, maybe I can...669 times.

--- Cass Sadek <acsadek -at- yahoo -dot- com> wrote:
> Hi all...
> Despite the lack of work there seems to be right now,
> I'm still trying to break into technical writing, and
> I'm putting together a portfolio.
>
> Forgive me if these seem like silly questions, but
> I've never had do this before. :)
>
> 1. Is a portfolio something that you should be able to
> leave with a potential employer? Or is it just one
> folder that you carry around with you to give them a
> glimpse of what you've done?
>
> 2. Should I have a 'soft' portfolio as well that could
> be emailed to a potential employer?
>
> 3. Any other pointers you could give a newbie on
> creating a great portfolio?
>
> Thanks for your help!
> Cass

=====