RE: Are You Annoying or Not? quiz

Subject: RE: Are You Annoying or Not? quiz
From: Kat Nagel <mlists -at- masterworkconsulting -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 15:23:16 -0500

On Wed, 13 Feb 2002 Jane Carnall wrote:
> I fear that a passion for precision will always appear Partially
Annoying.... Do other technical writers have this problem, or is it
> just me?

Oh yes! Like when someone tells me to go "down" to XYZ Street, and I ask,
"Is that east, west, north, or south?"

On 2/14/02, Marguerite Krupp responded:
Clearly, neither of you is a native Bostonian! North, south, east, and west
are generally irrelevant in giving directions here, and (as a result of
historical acquisitions) street names are frequently duplicated in various
parts of the city. The one exception is that there's occasionally a proposal
to make all the city streets one way going west, so that pretty soon, all
the traffic will be Worcester's problem.

Hmm....and I suppose the proposing politician's relatives get the construction contracts for the loop highway? (Gotta have a loop road. How else will the garbage trucks get back into the city?)

K@ katnagel at masterworkconsulting dot com
Seen on the Net:
"Some of my colleagues think that the chemicals we are experimenting
with could potentially cause brain damage, however I think that fish
crunchy bits of salami my new red hippie noodle. Naked pool frogs?"

Collect Royalties, Not Rejection Letters! Tell us your rejection story when you submit your manuscript to iUniverse Nov. 6 -Dec. 15 and get five free copies of your book. What are you waiting for?

See and check it out.

RE: Are You Annoying or Not? quiz: From: Marguerite Krupp