RE: No new browser windows... ever??

Subject: RE: No new browser windows... ever??
From: Tom Murrell <trmurrell -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 04:29:52 -0800 (PST)

--- Mike Starr <mike -at- writestarr -dot- com> wrote:
> I make it a habit to include the phrase "... open a new window ..." in the
> "Alt" text for links that spawn a new browser window. That would seem to
> satisfy the directive you're referring to.

I believe you are right, IF (and it is a big if according to WAI) the user has
a way to bypass the opening in a new window and open the link in an existing
window. My understanding is that most browsers permit the opposite; that is, I
can open a link in a new window, but I can't prevent a new link from opening in
a new window if the developer has set a target attribute.

Tom Murrell
Lead Technical Writer
Alliance Data Systems
Columbus, Ohio
mailto:tmurrell -at- columbus -dot- rr -dot- com
Personal Web Page -
Page Last Updated 02/11/02

Do You Yahoo!?

RE: No new browser windows... ever??: From: Mike Starr