RE: here's my dilemma

Subject: RE: here's my dilemma
From: Matthew Horn <mhorn -at- macromedia -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 13:15:24 -0500

>> I have these special areas that represent additional information, such as warning, tip, best practice, etc. >>Any Ideas?

Instead of an icon, you could put the bit of info in a shaded box. Then give it a title/label using a second or first level heading (or maybe a different style from the regular headings).

Two books that I have seen that use this technique effectively are "Advanced JavaServer Pages" and "Hackproofing Your Network" from Prentice Hall and Syngress, respectively.