RE: White Papers

Subject: RE: White Papers
From: "David Knopf" <david -at- knopf -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 11:02:12 -0800

Edwyn Kumar wrote:

| What classifies a document as a White Paper as opposed to a
| standard manual
| or reference doc?
|
| Are there any specific points that need to be in a White
| Paper, and if so,
| what?

Typically, white papers are technical marketing communications. They
provide substantially more technical information than a brochure or a
data sheet and are intended to make the case to a technical audience for
a particular product, technology, or solution. There are a few sample
white papers in the Portfolios section of our web site at
http://www.knopf.com.

HTH,

David Knopf @ Knopf Online
San Francisco, CA 415.550.8367

WebWorks Publisher Certified Trainer
RoboHelp MVP & Certified RoboHelp Instructor
Member, RoboHelp Community Advisory Board
Member, JavaHelp 2.0 Expert Group
Moderator, HATT & wwp-users

mailto:david -at- knopf -dot- com
http://www.knopf.com