Re: parenthood and tech writing

Subject: Re: parenthood and tech writing
From: SmoGraph -at- aol -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 10:20:27 EST

In a message dated 2/18/02 10:34:38 AM, darren -dot- barefoot -at- capeclear -dot- com writes:

<< So, not everyone has to
work their tail off to do a bit of contract work. >>

OK, I agree with you here. I have run into so many people forget that
working at home actually means working. You can certainly take in freelance
projects on the side. That's how I started my business. I worked full-time
while dabbling.

Don't expect to sit home, put a sign on your door, and expect clients to come
knocking!
You still have to sell your services. Yes, there are times when we just run
into jobs, but those are the exception, not the rule.

Being a work-at-home parent is quite different than being a work-at-home
person. Believe me, I've been both and I know!

Teresa