RE: Resume format

Subject: RE: Resume format
From: "Justin Cascio" <justin-paul -dot- geo -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 23:14:57 -0500

Michael Feimster [mailto:feim68 -at- bellsouth -dot- net] wrote:

> Maybe it's just me, but I generally don't like a section that
> lists skills.
> I want to see the skills in context.

Sella Rush says:

> My current resume lists experience by employer with a brief description
and sometimes bullet
> point "highlights" for each job. I did *not* specify which software I
used per job unless it
> was relevant to a project I was already mentioning. A separate Skills
section lists software
> and my proficiency.

So it doesn't matter which way I do it?

In both versions of my resume, I give descriptions of what I did and what I
used to do it. In the old one, they're in a series of simple declaratives.
I've got them clumped like a paragraph, even though they're not quite
complete sentences, I think: e.g., "Using RoboHTML, converted from WinHelp
to HTML Help, reformatted, and indexed reference materials for internal use
by consultant pharmacists. Using RoboHELP, developed WinHelp for ConsultWare
2000, a Visual FoxPro application used by consultant pharmacists in the
field." There's too much to do as bullet points; the resume would be six
pages long, and this way I keep it to two.

Would you recommend I rephrase statements like these so they're complete

Justin Cascio

Do You Yahoo!?

Get your free address at

Re: Resume format: From: Michael Feimster