Re: Resume format

Subject: Re: Resume format
From: "Michael Feimster" <feim68 -at- bellsouth -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 15:59:34 -0500

Bullet points are good. When I want to read paragraphs, I pick up a novel.
When I need to read through a stack of resumes, I want to get a quick sense
of the candidates. I'll get more detail if I choose to interview that
candidate.

There is a lot of discussion about how to list tools in this threads. As
Simon noted, Tools are not always that important. The key is how well the
candidate can write and whether he or she has the aptitude to learn. I can
teach someone how to use a tool.

Obviously experience with tools helps. In some cases, if I'm looking for a
contractor, it's a requirement. But, and I can't stress this enough,
excelent communication skills are the top requirement. In fact, I am in the
middle of updating the job descriptions/expectations for my department, and
the qualifications do not mention tools at all.

Mike Feimster
Manager, Information Design & Development
Computer Dimensions, Inc.