RE: Resume format

Subject: RE: Resume format
From: "Jane Carnall" <jane -dot- carnall -at- digitalbridges -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 15:09:51 -0000

>>One person (not the one I hired) put their picture on their
resume. Why doesn't everyone?<<

In the UK, nothing is more likely to get your CV chucked out. I'm told that
in parts of the US, including a photo may actually be illegal. <g> By me,
that would be a good reason not to do it unless specifically requested (and
to make me very dubious about a company that did so request).

>>Do you realize that when we have 40
resumes, we start to get you confused, even after the interview?<<

I just try to be extremely memorable. In a good way. <ggg>

Otherwise, your advice sounds good. Except for letting the agency tailor my
CV. If they want to make significant changes, I'd a lot rather they told me
what they wanted and let *me* do it. If they see a small problem, I don't
have a problem with their fixing it, so long as they ask me first. I always
bring a copy of my CV to the interview anyway, so that if there's a problem
with the version they sent I can prove it was them, not me!

Jane Carnall
The CVs all stand around a cauldron chanting and occasionally tossing in a
small writer.

E-mail is an informal method of communication and may be subject to data corruption, interception and unauthorised amendment for which Digital Bridges Ltd will accept no liability. Therefore, it will normally be inappropriate to rely on information contained on e-mail without obtaining written confirmation.