RE: Grim numbers, just grim--Austin perspective

Subject: RE: Grim numbers, just grim--Austin perspective
From: Syed Ahmed <SAhmed -at- DKSYSTEMS -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 09:34:23 -0600

Justin Cascio included: <"People want to say there isn't racial profiling
at the airport, but let's
be honest. If your first name is Mohammed, and your last name isn't Ali,
arrive at the airport extra early." -- Jay Leno>

As much as I enjoy the little quotes and blurbs posters include with their
sigs, this isn't funny coming out of Jay Leno's mouth, or on this list. I
ask that people mind that although it seems funny to most, this is an
unfortunate reality for many of us, and I personally don't find much humor
in it. I've read many posts where people have accused one another of being
"unprofessional", and now I'm also casting this stone. Please consider and
respect other people's predicaments, as we did not necessarily choose them.
Justin, I don't know what your ethnic descent is, but regardless of what it
is, this is not appropriate for a list I highly value for the guidance and
information I receive to do my job better. This quote might be appreciated
in another group. Sorry if I come off as confrontational, but this point
needs to be made clear now more than ever.

Syed