RE: Grim numbers, just grim--Austin perspective

Subject: RE: Grim numbers, just grim--Austin perspective
From: "Justin Cascio" <justin-paul -dot- geo -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 15:00:55 -0500

> As much as I enjoy the little quotes and blurbs posters include with their
> sigs, this isn't funny coming out of Jay Leno's mouth, or on this list. I
> ask that people mind that although it seems funny to most, this is an
> unfortunate reality for many of us, and I personally don't find much humor
> in it. I've read many posts where people have accused one
> another of being
> "unprofessional", and now I'm also casting this stone. Please
> consider and
> respect other people's predicaments, as we did not necessarily
> choose them.
> Justin, I don't know what your ethnic descent is, but regardless
> of what it
> is, this is not appropriate for a list I highly value for the guidance and
> information I receive to do my job better. This quote might be
> appreciated
> in another group. Sorry if I come off as confrontational, but this point
> needs to be made clear now more than ever.
>
> Syed

Syed,

Please accept my apology, Syed. I am also a member of a group profiled in
airports, and found the quote bitterly funny. A couple of my friends have
been strip-searched in airports recently, and I've seen racism in action in
airports. I'm sorry that you found the quote offensive, as it was far from
my intention to offend. I've removed the sig file, and will not use it again
in TECHWR-L.

Sincerely,
Justin Cascio