RE: Resume format

Subject: RE: Resume format
From: "OTTO,KAREN (A-Spokane,ex1)" <karen_otto -at- agilent -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 10:00:46 -0700

The two resume formats you describe are used for different purposes:
- the skills-based listing is generally recommended for people who have
little experience or gaps in their employment history. Most of these have
the jobs listed at the end, so you're not hiding anything, you're just
making sure the hiring authority doesn't get distracted from your real
strengths.
- the reverse-chronological resume is good to use when you have a lot of
relevant experience. Employers are also more familiar with this resume. The
other is a rather new trend.

When using the functional resume, it is strongly recommended to clearly link
the skill with the activity/job you used to get it.

I believe Jobstar.com is a good place to look for more info. Also search on
"functional resume."

Karen Otto
karen_otto -at- agilent -dot- com