Re: [California, Uber Alles]

Subject: Re: [California, Uber Alles]
From: Joanne Grey <j_grey -at- writeangles -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 09:56:05 -0800

Hannah wrote:

> Funny thing is, most people in California tend to have some similar story.
> Some crazy price for housing. Awful commute times. And the salaries do not
> seem that much better...
[snip]
> I always smile to think "At least it's not like
> California." California may be good for businesses, but it's not good for
> employees. And to me, that means it's not good for businesses.

But if you lived here, you'd know why we stay. It's not the money,
or the commute, or any of that. It's that it's a great place to
live, with lots of cultural and community commitment. It's the
variety. It's the weather (well, most of the time). It's the
mindset. It's the freedom. It's the opportunities. California is
insidious; it really does become a part of you.

Joanne Grey j_grey -at- writeangles -dot- com
Write Angles www.writeangles.com

Very few things happen at the right time and the rest do not happen
at all. The conscientious historian will correct these defects.
-Herodotus