Re: What to Charge Family for Project?

Subject: Re: What to Charge Family for Project?
From: Joanne Grey <j_grey -at- writeangles -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 14:22:06 -0800

"Cook, Jenise" wrote:
> and he asked me to ask you all (wage slaves and
> consultants alike) what you would do for a family member?

Jenise,

For a family member's privately owned business I would probably
discount my rates... if the business was just starting and needed a
break. If the family member works for another company, then my rates
would be my standard rates, especially if my schedule was already
fully booked.

Also, I'd be very cautious about working for a family member under
the circumstances you described. There are too many things that
would come into play. Expectations on either side could be strong,
and office politics - especially when it comes to hiring relatives -
could make it tricky for all involved.

Joanne Grey j_grey -at- writeangles -dot- com
Write Angles www.writeangles.com

>From every path you walk upon a piece of dust will cling to your
clothes. Likewise, from every person that crosses your path a piece
will cling to your soul. - Goethe