Re: What to Charge Family for Project?

Subject: Re: What to Charge Family for Project?
From: "Shoshana L. Boublil" <toramada -at- bezeqint -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 09:39:57 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: Cook, Jenise <jenise -dot- cook-crabbe -at- pacificlife -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2002 11:34 PM
Subject: What to Charge Family for Project?

> Because he's currently a very busy wage slave, he referred her to a friend
> who is a training consultant. But, the question has been bugging him. How
> much would he have charged his sister-in-law? Would he have given her (and
> her company) a price break because she's family? He didn't ask her how
much
> she had budgeted for contract work because he knew he didn't have time to
> take on the job.

How much to finally charge depends on many factors, some have been listed in
other posts: private company/startup, funds, the character of the
relationship and previous business dealings (if you needed their help and
they didn't charge you or gave you a discount).

Whatever you do, when you actually bill them, send an official statement
where you inform them of the full sum of money that they owe you (based on
your billing practices), and then add the discount information -- even if it
is 100% <g>.

I received this advice from my accountant and it has solved many problems
that could have arisen without this.

Shoshana L. Boublil
Israel