Re: Printing graphics to the edge of the paper

Subject: Re: Printing graphics to the edge of the paper
From: Dick Margulis <margulis -at- fiam -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 18:45:32 -0500

Sarah,

The problem isn't Word (for once). The imageable area is defined in the print driver. What you need to do is use the AdobePS print driver, not the HP 4500 driver. Download the correct version of the Adobe PS driver for your operating system (from www.adobe.com) and install it. Associate the Distiller printer with that driver (in your Printers folder). Check the printer properties to ensure that the printable area margins are set to zero. That should do the trick.

Dick

Sarah Kampman wrote:

I'm having trouble with what I thought would be a simple thing: printing a
Word doc in which a graphic extends to the edge. The graphic sits in the
upper left corner and is supposed to "bleed" to the edge.

But instead of letting the graphic do this, Word overlays a margin (or crops
the graphic) so that the lower-right corner of the graphic is in the same
place, but the top and left sides of the graphic are missing/cropped.

I've looked on microsoft.com and mvps.org, as well as searched the archives.
I tried the fixes I found (mostly setting the graphic to "float over" the
text, which it already was, and toying with the margins), but they didn't
work. Unfortunately, leaving the overlaid/cropped margin as-is is not an
option. Both my ideas and my patience are exhausted.

Does anyone know how to browbeat Word into submission?