Unsolicited resumes

Subject: Unsolicited resumes
From: wordsync -at- swbell -dot- net
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 11:29:25 -0700

Considering the recent thread on resume format and the fact that many of
you are in hiring positions, what do you think of the resume services that
send unsolicited resumes (like Resume Zapper.com)? Do you receive resumes
from these services? Do you read them? Is it a viable way for a job-seeker
to bring himself or herself to the attention of a potential employer?

I'm not asking whether "zapping" is a better way of finding a job--recent
threads suggest that networking is better. I'm just wondering whether
unsolicited resumes are even reviewed or, better yet, acted upon.

Thanks for your input.

Pat Glass
wordsync -at- swbell -dot- net