Re: deer in the headlights

Subject: Re: deer in the headlights
From: Tom Murrell <trmurrell -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 13:01:46 -0800 (PST)

Well, I guess I'll come to the meetin' too. <g>

Actually, I don't have that kind of anxiety when people are standing over me
while I'm typing, mousing, or otherwise doing my computer magic.

The problem I have is that when I do presentations, talks, trainings, whatever,
anything standing up in front of people, I get very warm and begin to sweat
profusely. This lasts somewhere between five minutes and forever (or maybe it
just seems that way <g>).

I don't have any problem doing the presentation, speech, or whatever, except
for the droplets of sweat that fall from my face onto my papers. I always need
an extra handkerchief or a roll of paper towels to get through these things.
Yet, I can't say that I 'feel' any particular anxiety. I just sweat buckets.

Tom Murrell
Lead Technical Writer
Alliance Data Systems
Columbus, Ohio
mailto:tmurrell -at- columbus -dot- rr -dot- com
Personal Web Page -
Page Last Updated 02/11/02

Do You Yahoo!?

Re: deer in the headlights: From: Dick Margulis