RE: deer in the headlights

Subject: RE: deer in the headlights
From: bryan -dot- westbrook -at- amd -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 14:13:47 -0600

At my previous job, one Monday morning several people were complaining about not being able to log on to the network. I turned to my cube mate and joked, "Maybe this is how they're being told they're getting laid off." It wasn't so funny a hour or so later when I learned that it was. Ever since then, and even after that company used a different method the following year and even after I quit to come work here, I get really anxious every time I mis-type my password or the network is down or sluggish first thing in the morning.