RE: Tech Writing & The Economy

Subject: RE: Tech Writing & The Economy
From: "Darren Barefoot" <darren -dot- barefoot -at- capeclear -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 09:28:15 -0000

These are all very good points, but I imagine a number of these issues
weren't resolved until someone offered up the doomsday scenario. I mean,
who funds research if they've never heard of the problem it's trying to
solve? Articulating the problem (whether melodramatically or otherwise)
is an important step in solving it. Otherwise you'd just have to sit
around until somebody, out of the blue, said "hey, I've just invented
this thing--it's called a polio vaccine...is there any use for it?" DB.

Mr. Jong wrote...