RE: How is the job market in your area?

Subject: RE: How is the job market in your area?
From: "Darren Barefoot" <darren -dot- barefoot -at- capeclear -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 12:10:07 -0000

Fellow Vancouverite Nora von Gerichten wrote...

> My accountant claims the only reason I have continued to grow as a
> Vancouver company in the last 2 years is because I have gone
> global. I work
> freely on both sides of the Cdn-US boarder, in SE Asia,
> Haiti, Cuba, and
> Brazil over the last 7 years plus a little in Africa and
> Europe.

I too have recently gone global. Though I live in Ireland, I've done
projects for both American and Canadian companies. Generally
communication hasn't been much of a problem, and I often get an extra 8
hours for a deadline because of the time difference. I highly recommend
that contractors consider this option if it's practical for them. DB.