Re: Deer in the Headlights - a solution...

Subject: Re: Deer in the Headlights - a solution...
From: Kat Nagel <mlists -at- masterworkconsulting -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 14:10:46 -0500

At 11:04 AM -0700 2/22/02, kcronin -at- daleen -dot- com wrote:

Just this month I moved into an office with the desk BUILT IN to the far
corner, which puts my back to the door to the office.

I tried and tried, but there is no way to situate the monitor so that I
can comfortably use it without it being visible to The Entire World.

I handled this by making it an ergonomics issue.

"Sorry, but this office configuration puts my monitor and keyboard too high for me. It's aggravating the pinched nerve in my neck, and my thumbs are going numb. Say, no one seems to be using this old side table in the storeroom. It's just the right height, 3 inches lower than the built-in desk. If I put it at right angles like this...." That put me facing the door, with oodles of extra work space and no tingles in my fingers.

Kat Nagel
--
"What will you do?" said Susan.
"Lie," said Lu-Tze happily.