RE: What's A TW Got To DO To Get A Job Around Here?!

Subject: RE: What's A TW Got To DO To Get A Job Around Here?!
From: "Justin Cascio" <justin-paul -dot- geo -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2002 03:10:31 -0500

Hi Beth,

Have you been working in NJ for long? I got here a year ago to take a
position with a consulting firm as their employee, with the implication that
they'd pay me for bench time. Unfortunately for me, the contract with their
client for my services ended and my employer was only able to pay me for a
couple of weeks of bench time before laying me off. Most of the jobs out
there seem to be in the pharmaceutical industry, and I'm running into the
same issue of not having enough pharm experience for them. It's my
understanding that there's always been a strong pharm industry in NJ, so
there have always been a lot of jobs with them and requiring experience with
the regulations they work under.

What particularly interests me about your email is that you have had the
same experience I have of finding a lot of jobs being advertised, but that
you and your peers haven't found work. I've been looking hard since I first
realized my bench days might be numbered, early in December, and so far have
my first interview scheduled for next week. I have over five years'
experience in a variety of industries, but almost all in software
documentation. Why are all these jobs being advertised and not filled? I'm
only searching the new ads, but I'm seeing the same jobs being advertised
for over a month, and then re-advertised by new third party agencies. Is
this happening everywhere?

Justin Cascio, RoboHELP Guru
justin-paul -dot- geo -at- yahoo -dot- com <mailto:justin-paul -dot- geo -at- yahoo -dot- com>
"I am about to—or I am going to—die; either expression is used."
—last words of French grammarian Dominique Bonhours