RE: Tired of giving out technical advice for free

Subject: RE: Tired of giving out technical advice for free
From: "Dick Margulis " <margulis -at- mail -dot- fiam -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 16:54:22 -0500

Replying on list only, so Steve doesn't send me a bill for $20...

I didn't whinge. I didn't threaten to charge anyone on this list for anything. I don't recall that anyone else did either.

In fact, as I get paid a good salary for full-time work, I'm not interested in competing with consultants for their clients; so I don't charge people who write me off-list, either.

Steve, you have deliberately misrepresented what I wrote and what others have written about a problem that a list member has in her non-list life as a professional and that several of us offered support and advice on. I cannot guess why you have chosen to do this, because most of the time you seem like quite a reasonable and helpful fellow (or mate, perhaps?).

Whatever it is that set you off, I do hope you feel better tomorrow and revert to your usual helpful self.

Dick