RE: What's A TW Got To DO To Get A Job Around Here?!

Subject: RE: What's A TW Got To DO To Get A Job Around Here?!
From: Kat Nagel <mlists -at- masterworkconsulting -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 17:24:42 -0500

Margaret wrote

One of the things I've noticed lately is that several people have reported
that they were called for interviews for jobs that were never advertised.
<snip>
During my first 3 years here, I sent out about 800 resumes.
<snip>
During that period, I had one 3-week contract, and one 3-month contract.
But when the economy picked up, I got calls from all over the area, asking
if I were available

<nod, nod>
Yup. In fact, most of the calls I'm getting now are from companies that got my resume several years ago, or from managers who Google on "technical manual" or "standard operating procedures" or "FrameMaker" and find the resume on my old web site. (Note to self: Self, upload your new resume to your new web site ASAP!)

Kat Nagel
converting a small procedures manual from print to on-line, and working on a small web re-design project, but still definitely underemployed and depressed at the beginning of Month 8 of the search for a full-time job in Rochester, NY