Re: Front end for samples on CD

Subject: Re: Front end for samples on CD
From: "Dana Worley" <dana -at- campbellsci -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 09:02:43 -0700

> Ken Jacobs wondered: <<I want to create a front end so I can access writing
> samples on a CD. (i.e. click on a link to display a PDF or HTML file instead
> of going to a folder on the CD and double-clicking on a file). I am
> considering PowerPoint, RoboHelp winhelp or HTML help>>

I missed the original post, but I have created a front end for a CD
using DemoShield.

The CD is our "Resource CD", which includes software we offer for
free, our product literature, and manuals. I use DemoShield to
launch the installations of the software directly, and for the literature
and manuals (in PDF format), I launch a PDF. That PDF has links to
the others. (Actually, there are several "first level" PDFs -- one for
literature, one for manuals, one for technical notes, one for ap
notes... that are essentially TOCs to the other documents).

This works well for our uses.

DemoShield offers an evaluation version on their web site.

Dana W.