Rotating tables in Word -- Solution

Subject: Rotating tables in Word -- Solution
From: techwriter -at- supalife -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 10:35:50 +0000

Mornin'!
As the table is for others to complete (and therefore is required to be
idiot-proof) I had to rule out all the text-rotating (and powerpoint and excel
and ....) options. I was however provided with the perfect solution off-list.
Several of you asked me to share the solution, so here it is.

As the sender chose to reply off-list, I won't credit him publicly for his
answer (although he's not usually shy...).

'Make a new section (obviously), with landscape rotation, and set up a new
header for the page. Make the header consist of two text boxes. Put the copy
for the page header in one box and the copy for the page footer in the other
box. Rotate each of these two text boxes 90 degrees and position them down the
left and right sides of the landscape page, keeping them anchored in the open
header. Close the header. Now this works best if the header and footer are
static. I don't know (never tried it) if you can have an automatically
updating date or page number field inside a text box.'

Page numbers and so on do update inside text boxes, so this is fab.

Huge thanks to all who replied.
Lil

--
Sigs: They don't even like fast cars and Hollywood parties. ;-)