giving out technical advice for free - Geoff Hart

Subject: giving out technical advice for free - Geoff Hart
From: "Carey Jennifer (Cry)" <jennifer -dot- carey -at- cdi -dot- cerberus -dot- ch>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 10:53:39 +0100

Hi Geoff,

I figured that now was as good a time as any to virtually walk up to you and
shake your hand. If you're going to be at the STC conference, then I hope
to have the opportunity to do it in person.

Your contributions to your fellow writers are always well thought out and
articulated. What's more, your manner reflects a dignity and respect for
others that is rare. Though I've never met you, I have the utmost respect
for you.

I know I speak for many when I say, "thank you, you make this a better place
to be."

Best Regards,
Jennifer

Geoff wrote:

Sounds awfully familiar. <g> I write for the love of it, and for the
fascinating conversations it often leads to when I meet people at
conferences (or via e-mail once the article appears). Only recently have I
begun making any money from it. And while the money is an incentive, it's
not why I write.