Re: Netscape 6x

Subject: Re: Netscape 6x
From: Annamaria Profit <inteltek2 -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 09:13:25 -0500

Chris,
Those Netscape mail blues are not going away anytime soon. I had the same problems with all versions of Netscape 6.XX. It's unstable, and really buggy. I finally had to cave in, delete all the files, and move over to IE, grieved though I was. I installed the free version of Eudora. So far, it's been fine. There a few alleged drawbacks. You can't sort your folders, and you are subject to discrete ad graphics ontop of the Eudora graphic. But don't let that stand in your way. My firewall deals with most of it. However, if you decide to trash Netscape, install Eudora first and import the Netscape mail and addressbook files.

At 09:11 AM 2/27/02 +0100, Chris wrote:

I use NS 6.x... I have had problems with the email program. It doesn't like huge collections of mail hanging around in your various inbox subfolders - attachments make that balloon, and I like to keep them for a year after each job. I have had the file go corrupt - in earlier versions of 6.x (I think it's on 6.2.1??? Or is that Java?). Speaking of Java, I think my Win 2000 machine is having intermitent problems with Java, but I can't be sure just yet - that has to do with NS as well. At least I haven't had to worry about any of the groovy OutLook wirms that tried to run on my machine.

Annamaria Profit
E-mail: inteltek2 -at- earthlink -dot- net
"Where it is possible, live in peace with all men."
(Romans 12:18)