Re: Are you a writer?

Subject: Re: Are you a writer?
From: MichaelHuggins -at- aol -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 13:49:28 EST

>the act of writing itself is often a means of
understanding.

Well yes, that *is* a very interesting point...and it forces us to ask ourselves what we should think of SME's who can't write? Which, I thought, was one condition that made it possible for tech writers to have jobs in the first place.

In other words, if one is prepared to so strenuously arraign the moral position of tech writers who are "dependent" on SME's, it seems only fair to apply the same calculus to SME's who are equally "dependent" on tech writers to be understood at all.

Michael Huggins