Re: Are you a writer?

Subject: Re: Are you a writer?
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 04:54:08 -0800 (PST)

> I'm a little confused. I'd appreciate it if you would kindly answer
> my
> questions: How can writers own the content when they obtained most
> of it
> from an SME? Isn't the content essentially from the SME? Without
> the SME,
> could writers write about what they don't know? Are you saying

There's two ways of using a SME.

1) Mr. SME...can you send me a paragraph about the foozfizzler
feature of the application and I'll check it for punctuation, voice,
grammer, and style. After I rework what you send me, please check it
to see if screwed anything up.

The SME owns it and you are an editor.

2) Mr. SME...can I get an hour of your time tomorrow morning? I'd
like you to show me the foozfizzler feature and I have a bunch of
questions to ask you about it. After you answer my questions, I'm
going to write about it. After I write about it, can I get access to
the application so I can try out what I wrote? Then after I'm
finished, I'd like to show you to see if you have any comments.

You own the content and you are a writer.

=====
John Posada, Senior Technical Writer
Current gig ending 4/15
Resume: http://www.tdandw.com/Resume_Posada_022202.doc