Re: Are you a writer?

Subject: Re: Are you a writer?
From: "Benjamin J." <twriter01 -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 18:42:33 -0800

I'm a little confused. I'd appreciate it if you would kindly answer my questions: How can writers own the content when they obtained most of it from an SME? Isn't the content essentially from the SME? Without the SME, could writers write about what they don't know? Are you saying writers should be SMEs of all products that they write about? Now I wonder if I create new material at all, because actually, I'm taking my notes from the SME interview and creating a document. Now I see that the content isn't mine. It seems the only instance your content is yours, is if you're writing down your own opinion or if you're writing a fictional story. Where did I get lost?