Re: certification reading material - nonsummary

Subject: Re: certification reading material - nonsummary
From: "Melody Akins" <melodyakins -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 07:28:11 -0600

Jane wrote:

> I asked for recommendations on 20 February:
> >I'd like to include some reading material on the importance
> of quality/of doing things right. Mobile phone services are a fairly young
> area, and I don't know of any books/websites that deal specifically with
the
> importance of quality control *in* this area so what I'm looking for is
> something more generic but readable advising on the importance of quality
> processes in an intelligently convincing manner.<
> Any recommendations? <
>
> No recommendations. Evidently no one's read anything good recently. (Or
else
> no one's written anything good!)

My response:

Go to a search engine (I use Google). Plug in the words,
"mobile+phone+services." On the first page of your results, at the bottom,
you will find a "Search Within Results" textbox. In this box type the
acronym "QOS" (without the quotes). What you will come up with is a list of
pages on which you will find information about Quality Of Service in the
mobile telephony industry. Since I really don't know exactly what you're
looking for (this is not my field), this is the best I can do.

Hope this helps.

Warmly,
Melody
"Take the Shoes Off Your Mind!"(c)

P.S. My daughter is a Cloud (clan McLeod) and wants to visit Scotland. She
is thrilled that I have found someone who actually lives there!