Re: Tech Writing: The Second Generation (was Re: The Big Lie (was 'Are You a Writer?'))

Subject: Re: Tech Writing: The Second Generation (was Re: The Big Lie (was 'Are You a Writer?'))
From: "Melody Akins" <melodyakins -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 12:15:57 -0600

Hi!

My mom--now 87 years old and still writing for our amusement and
edification--was a tech writer of sorts. She wrote articles for hospitality
trade pubs on the subject of housekeeping. Procedures? Yes! Executive
summaries? Of course! Interviews with SMEs (of which she was
one!)...research...the whole nine yards! A couple of decades ago, when the
hospitality unions in Florida were on strike, the Federal mediator called my
mom to ask task-time and other procedural questions.

Seniors Rule! (I are one now, too!:)

Melody
"Take the Shoes Off Your Mind!"(c)