RE: ISO follies

Subject: RE: ISO follies
From: Sue Ahrenhold <SAhrenhold -at- IpdSolution -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 15:24:17 -0500

Wow, Alex, my heart bleeds.

I've written ISO documentation for companies -- basically, it's a
description of what a
particular workgroup/division/company does. Part of my preparation was to
review the docs produced by other companies -- they were in different fonts,
produced on different machines, using different word processing packages.

What they all had in common was that they followed an exhaustive outline
which allowed people to find out what was done, and where the specific
information about that task was filed.

I think you're getting run over by conflicting definitions of "ISO
documentation is supposed to look like this". It's supposed to follow this
outline -- not be typed like this.