Documentation tools for large documents

Subject: Documentation tools for large documents
From: "Subash Babu" <subash_babu -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 11:44:10 +0000

Hi All,

Our team has been using MS Word for our project documentation. We write Requirements & Functional Specifications for each version of
the product.Due to version control and the co-existence of multiple versions, the document size has increased so much that shipping them via
mail is now a painful job and we have had to use file splitters. Our documents have use-case diagrams, screenshots, tables and call-outs. We use the 'track changes' and 'add comments' features to record review comments and incorporate them. Merging of such documents is also a probable requirement.

Can anyone suggest any other documentation tool which can be used to
perform all the aforesaid functions without increasing the document size substantially?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Subash Babu
Technical Writer,
Siemens Information Systems Ltd., Bangalore, India.

http://www.ehelp.com/techwr