RE: THANKS! Re: It's time to go

Subject: RE: THANKS! Re: It's time to go
From: "Nora Merhar" <nmerhar -at- charlesindustries -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 11:10:51 -0600

I think I've been on the list, off and on, for about the same amount of time
as Arlyn has--at least, looking at Google groups, I see posts from myself
dated back to 1994.

It was interesting to me, when I signed back on most recently, that many of
the same arguments I used to see "way back when" are still being
discussed--i.e., tool wars, Microsoft the Evil Empire, how technical are
you, pro's and con's of STC, etc. I suppose I used to participate in these
arguments, but I don't anymore. Sometimes I read some of them, get really
cranky, then decide it isn't worth it.

One of the reasons I don't is the search I just referred to--Google Groups.
While looking up the TECHWR-L archives might take some effort, it's TONS
easier to look someone up in Google groups. I live in fear of the day when
some potential employer might actually make that effort, see the 315
(!?!?!?!) hits that come up in Google groups, read one or two of the posts
made in my enthusiastic and callow youth, and get the wrong (or right)
impression.

That said, here is a post of mine I found from 1996:

>I've been on this list for over a year now, and I must say that I have
>NEVER seen it so boring and irrelevant. Any posting that comes up from
>attacks, requests for marrow donors (and I'm sorry, Julie--while this
>request may be honest, most of these requests are hoaxes, and TECHWR-L
>is not the appropriate forum for it). I'm on a list which discusses
>Shetland Sheepdogs, and that list is WAY more on-topic, has much more of
>a variety of subjects discussed, and is significantly more interesting
>than TECHWR-L at this point.

The more things change...

Nora

www.ehelp.com/techwr