Work-arounds _ RE: Clearcase and Macs

Subject: Work-arounds _ RE: Clearcase and Macs
From: "Sean O'Donoghue-Hayes (EAA)" <Sean.O'Donoghue-Hayes -at- ericsson -dot- com -dot- au>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 13:03:47 +1100

Kat said:

The
completed file went back to the office on the Zip cart, and was saved
to my little corner of the server and checked in using the onsite
workstation. Several of those companies still don't know I did the
work on a Mac.

Heh, heh.
Kat

******************

This is an observation - and a thought....

Is the majority of a technical writer's time (after straight forward
writing) spent finding out and creating valid "work-arounds". Ways of doing
something by an unconventional method as there is no existing conventional
way of doing it.

Outside of writing this seems to be where the majority of our time can be
used up - for example, you need your image this way well I'll run it
through that filter, attach it to that, screen it with the other, there you
go.

Is this why in many cases we are under-appreciated, because the people often
see the end result not the "dickering" around that leads to that "easy"
conclusion?

So does anyone else feel they use a lot of time this way.....

*curious*
Sean

www.ehelp.com/techwr