RE: ranges in index entries

Subject: RE: ranges in index entries
From: "David Knopf" <david -at- knopf -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 09:14:43 -0800

Matthew Horn wrote:

| Does anyone use page ranges in their index entries?
| Instead of an entry like:
| - servlet mappings 10,18,103
| you would have an entry like:
| - servlet mappings 10-12, 18, 103
| I know ranges are much more helpful for the user when scanning an
| but in the world I live in (of rapid
| they are too difficult to implement because they would get broken all
| time. I would love to hear some techniques that people employ to use
| markers in their index entries and lived to tell about it.

We use these all the time. It's hard to manage them without IXgen. If
you don't have IXgen, I suggest you get it!

David Knopf / Knopf Online / San Francisco, CA / 415.550.8367
mailto:david -at- knopf -dot- com /

WebWorks and RoboHelp Certified - RoboHelp MVP
Member, RoboHelp Advisory Board & JavaHelp 2.0 Expert Group
Moderator, HATT & wwp-users

See and check it out.

ranges in index entries: From: Matthew Horn