Word to Frame

Subject: Word to Frame
From: "Humphries, Ola" <Ola -dot- Humphries -at- Caminus -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 15:38:28 -0600

I have put together a small procedure for a new tech writer whose job it
will be to take Word documents written by programmers, containing graphics,
and write or edit FrameMaker documents using them. In the beginning, she
will mostly be updating existing documents. She is new to FrameMaker and has
little knowledge of graphic applications (a true newbie).
The document is on my website. The URL is
http://wordshop.pair.com/WordtoFM.pdf
If anyone has the time and expertise, I would appreciate feedback.

By the way, if you simply save the Word doc as Word 6 (as suggested in a
cannot be edited, text separated from graphics. Might work for blocks of
text (maybe even a Word table) that you don't intend editing. In this case,
the programmer's text must be edited. Anyway, saving as html requires no
more energy than saving as Word 6.

Thanks.

Ola Humphries
Caminus