Re: Consultant Question:

Subject: Re: Consultant Question:
From: Jean Hollis Weber <jean -at- jeanweber -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2002 17:23:39 -0800

An authoritative source for a lot of this sort of estimating stuff is JoAnn Hackos' book, Managing Your Documentation Projects, John Wiley & Sons, 1994, ISBN 0471590991.

I don't recall what percentage she suggested, and of course, not everyone agrees with whatever it was she says, but the book is a good starting point.

Regards, Jean
Jean Hollis Weber
mailto:jean -at- jeanweber -dot- com
The Technical Editors' Eyrie
Taming Microsoft Word 2000, 110 pages of tips and tricks for business and technical documents.
For a contents list, downloading and payment information, go to:

Chris Morrow wrote:

My company got involved with software consulting last year. They are still working with time frames and I need to argue how much time is needed for documentation. I have read that, on average, one should dedicate 10% of consultant costs to documentation. However I don't know where to prove this claim. Can anyone point me to something that either proves this argument, or provides information related to this topic?

Consultant Question:: From: Chris Morrow