RE: Occupational hazard - carpal tunnel

Subject: RE: Occupational hazard - carpal tunnel
From: Michele Marques <MarquesM -at- autros -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 12:18:37 -0500

Darren Barefoot writes:

> My suggestion is particularly easy and cheap: Switch mousing hands.

For those of you with difficulty switching mousing hands, I recommend that
you buy a new type of pointing device (trackball, touchpad, etc.) and learn
to use that with your other hand. I am left-handed but can only mouse with
my right hand. When I got a touchpad, I made sure to learn to use it with my
left hand.

Like me, you may find it easier to learn a new skill with the other hand,
than to re-learn an existing skill with the other hand.

Michele Marques
Technical Communicator
Baxter Corporation
AUTROS POINT OF CARE System