RE: web animation

Subject: RE: web animation
From: Jason Willebeek-LeMair <jlemair -at- cisco -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 10:10:03 -0600

*Leave out all animation except as pertains to the content (i.e. explanatory
animations, such as data flow across a network).

*If you are tempted to experiment with Flash, and want to create one of
those nifty splash screen intros for your web site, lie down until the
temptation subsides.

To summarize--keep it simple. The more stuff a visitor has to wade through
or wait to download from your site, the less likely they will be to get to
the information they want.

Jason