RE: Reference books you use the most

Subject: RE: Reference books you use the most
From: "Stegall, Sarah" <sarah -dot- stegall -at- terayon -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 12:57:37 -0800

>1. List the reference books (maximum of five) that you use most
>frequently.

In no particular order:

a. "Newton's Telecom Dictionary" by Harry Newton
b. "Dictionary of Internetworking Terms and Acronyms" by Cisco Systems
c. "The Masters Series: FrameMaker 6" by Thomas Neuburger
d. "Digital Pre-Press Complete" by Donnie O'Quinn and Matt LeClair
e. "How to Communicate Technical Information" by Jonathan Price and Henry
Korman

>2. In one sentence, summarize or list the kind(s) of writing you do. (i.e.
>manuals, help systems, marketing, fiction, humor, journalism, weird sig
>lines, etc.)

At work: I write software technical manuals intended for an audience
consisting of network operators and systems administrators, in the
telecommunications field.

At home: I write non-fiction SF and fantasy media tie-in books (The
Official Guide to the X-Files, etc.), science fiction poetry, science
fiction prose, and teleplays.

>.....and to keep this truly scientific......

>3. Are you a dog person or a cat person?

Dunno. Three cats, one dog. The dog is bigger than all three cats together,
but the cats are meaner. Go figure.

Sarah Stegall
Senior Technical Writer
Terayon Communication Systems, Inc.