RE: How is life in these cities? (Raleigh/Durham NC)

Subject: RE: How is life in these cities? (Raleigh/Durham NC)
From: "Kay Ethier" <kethier -at- travelthepath -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2002 20:17:59 -0500

You asked about Raleigh NC:

- quality of life is good

- weather is awesome; 70-90 deg a good part of the year

- recreation...lots of parks and state-recreation areas; pretty low on
culture/arts (sorry, neighbors)

- jobs are slow since last Summer, but picking up since January

- schools are marginal in many areas; be careful where you settle

You also mentioned Charlotte. I think a lot of the same applies, though
there seem to be less tech writing jobs based in Charlotte than in
Raleigh/Durham area.

Agencies for tech writers that I'm familiar with:

http://www.t-p-s.com (mailto:writers -at- t-p-s -dot- com and address to Catherine
Goodfellow)

http://www.advacon.com (mailto:jodik -at- advacon -dot- com and address to Jodi Kramer)

We also have ManTech, ManPower, and many others locally. Best way to see who
has jobs is to check the local STC Carolina Chapter jobs page:
http://www.stc-carolina.org and follow links to jobs.

Good luck,

Kay

(PS - I also have 3 kids and a dog; miss Pittsburgh, but love this NC
weather!)

Kay Ethier
FrameMaker Expert & Trainer
BRIGHT PATH SOLUTIONS
100 Park Drive, Suite 102
PO Box 14265
Research Triangle Park NC 27709-4265
PHONE: 919.547.0129 (main#)
FAX: 919.558.2183
http://www.travelthepath.com
mailto:kethier -at- travelthepath -dot- com